Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My book signing today

I drove to B&N in Elmira, about an hour drive. It turned out they arranged a signing without a reading. Huh? They put me at the table there their gift wrapper normally seats and I was mistaken for him. Darn. I thought I was more handsome. So no one came though they made two announcements. The place was full of colorful characters including a woman in unzipped jeans size 36 who asked me to wrap a CD box for her. An hour later, I took my destiny in my own hand and began striking conversations with everyone in the striking distance. As a result, I signed three copies. Not bad under the circumstances though I question the whole idea of book signing. Is it worth time and gas?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mark,

My name is Mitra and I'm living in Vancouver,Canada.I'm flash writer and translator in Frasi.I was wondering if could translate "Missing" and also your into for "My Life at First Try" to introduce your book on my weblog?


I needed your permission for both.

Thanks
Mitra

Anonymous said...

Sorry I forgot to leave my email:
mitragraph@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.